Monday, March 12, 2012

Passion for Papertrey - colour pop challenge

 Over at Passion for Papertrey, the lovely ladies have launched a challenge to create a card with a pop of colour.  Here's my contribution:
I combined it with the Hero Arts technique featured this month called Velveteen stamping.  You stamp in white first and then layer other stamping over top so that the white comes through.
 Subtle but fun!  I used my new Chevron set that I got second hand.  I'm loving it!
 Here's a close up of the tone on tone effect:
Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110lb white
Stamps: PTI Pretty Peonies, Chevron Strips, Harvest Berries; Hero Arts Made with Love (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Fresh Ink - slate, red currant, Colorbox Frost White

1 comment:

Aimes said...

Those subtle chevrons are fabby!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
x